CP 5700, Hilfe zum Scharfstellen / manuelles Fokussieren

Kamera-Zubehör, Fotografie-Techniken, Tipps,...

Moderator: pilfi

Antworten
Blumi
Batterie7 Kamera
CP 5700, Hilfe zum Scharfstellen / manuelles Fokussieren

Beitrag von Blumi »

Hi all,
über die Newsgroup d.a.r.d habe ich die folgende Info von dpreview erhalten (leider in englisch), die ich Euch nicht vorenthalten will, vielleicht hilfts ja dem einen oder anderen:

(quote)
I recently did some analysis on the MF-mode of my CP5700. The main result is the following table (explanation below). I am still not happy with the MF-mode, but I tried to make the best of it, because I dont think there will be a solution from Nikon soon.

What I observed is:

- the MF-indicator can have one of exactly 6 different lengths,

- actually there are 64 different focus-distances which can be reached rotating the command dial, but they are not distinctable by the length of the MF-indicator.

(I took 64 different shots turning the command dial just one click counterclockwise between two shots and gathered the distances from the picture infos in playback mode, started in wide-angle position of the zoom)

Table 1:
(length = length of the MF-indicator;
clicks=number of clicks after the MF-indicator first reached a specific length)

The body of the table is the distance in cm where the lens is focussd on, when the MF-indicator has the specified length and the specified clicks of the command dial have been made in the above sense).

........length....1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....6
clicks+
9................12....23....37....76...170..infinity
10...............--....24....39....83...190

So, if you start rotating the command dial when the focus is on 3 cm, then with every click CCW the focus distance increases like Table 1 shows, column by column, rows top down, after 63 clicks you have reached infinity.

Example: - when you rotate the command dial CCW and notice the length of the MF-indicator changes from 1 to 2, then the focus is on 13 cm, if you do one more click it is on 14 cm and so on,

- if the MF-indicator has length 6 (you need to observe the click where it changes its length!) the lens is focussed on 210 cm, nine more clicks and it is focussed on infinity.

Table 2 (summary of table 1):

length...looks like.........focus distance

1...........x....................3 to 12 cm
2...........xx..................13 to 24 cm
3...........xxx.................25 to 39 cm
4...........xxxx................41 to 83 cm
5...........xxxxx...............90 to 190 cm
6...........xxxxxx.............210 to infinity

If I want to focus now on a specified distance (e.g. 3m), I do:

Step 1: have a look at table 2, which length the MF-indicator must have (example: length 6);

Step 2: locate the position of the command dial, when the MF-indicator first has this length,

Step 3: find the number of clicks to rotate the command dial for the wanted distance in the respective column of table 1 (example: 3 more clicks).

Remarks:

- I am aware that you have to know the distance or at least have a good estimation to use this procedure, but as „focus confirmation“ does not show any visible effect on my CP5700, I seem to have no choice;

- the described procedure of course only works correctly, if the distance I gathered from the information pages in playback mode is correctly (there seem to be at least 2 mistakes);

- I did some testing and found no difference between different zoom positions, but this would mean, there is no need to refocus when changing the zoom position (contrary to the Nikon guide);

- be aware, that if you want to change the focus distance for a second shot e.g from 210 to 240 cm, then you have to do 2 clicks, the first one only brings the MF-indicator on the LCD the second one increases the distance;

I hope that some of you can make some use of this analysis. I would be interested whether there are different experiences or suggestions to use the MF-mode more effeciently.
Gruß,
Blumi

CP5700

Antworten